Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's summer time and I'm bored

I'd like to think that me writing here again will be something that will be continued in the near future. However, considering my track record so far, I'll believe it when I see it.

So I haven't written anything here since last year, thus there is quite a bit to put down here. That being said, I'll sum it up into one simple phrase:

I was in fucking Asia.

I have to admit that it still has not sunk in yet. I mean, when I think about it, I know that I was on a different continent and all that jazz. But when I don't think specifically on it, it seems surreal and sort of dream like. Every once in a while, I have to look at my pictures that I took, read the journal I wrote in, or visit the blog that I updated something like four times on the trip.

At the same time, that's all I have really been talking about lately. When I see people back home, they want to know all about the trip. And while this is certainly understandable, I'm finding it a bit tiring. Not that I don't like talking about it, rather I don't know what to bring up. I have so many stories and things from the trip that I have a hard time bringing up one particular tale to tell. Stuff comes up later in conversation with things like "That reminds me of a time in Thailand when...". But for the most part, I'm feeling that I am not being as good a storyteller as I should be.

In any case, right now I have little to occupy my time. In a few weeks, I will be back in Iowa working at a Boy Scout camp as an Art Director, and I will have plenty on my plate for about two months. And after that I will have things like GenCon and such to entertain me. But currently the only things I have going is me puttering around artistically (as in I haven't gotten anything good drawn in a long while), toying around with the idea of making a webcomic (though the previous point is getting in the way a bit), and playing Pokemon (because I am an adult).

In any case, those activities call and I will wrap this entry up with a pearl of wisdom that I have held close to my heart since childhood:

"Gotta Catch 'Em All"

1 comment:

Kyle said...

More cartoons.

We demand it.